Senior Associate, Salesforce Global Private Equity Practice
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
You will be responsible for supporting the growth of our strategic Private Equity (PE) partnerships, bringing unique points of view, analytical rigour and a broad range of industry knowledge to drive growth. Salesforce's PE Practice works with our PE Partners to accelerate value creation in their portfolio companies through digital transformation, leveraging the Salesforce platform, ISVs and the broader ecosystem. In your role, you will work directly with our senior PE team to deepen partnerships, accelerate value creation for the PE firm and scale the broader Private Equity Practice team as we continue to grow. You will be responsible for developing unique points of view on value creation opportunities across the PE firm's portfolio, lead robust quantitative and qualitative analysis and contribute to customer-facing engagements. As a Senior Associate, you will support the senior team in originating new opportunities and influencing sales cycles through a value selling approach that takes into consideration the specific transformation needs per portfolio company. You will help bring the “Best of Salesforce” product specialists, solution engineers, account teams, and industry experts and enable account teams and ecosystem partners on how to effectively sell to private equity owned companies. You will also help scale the practice, contributing to strategic projects and playing a coaching and leadership role to our Analyst and Associate cohort.
- Support our senior team in managing relationships with our strategic Private Equity Partners, helping provide a single view of Salesforce into the assigned patch of Private Equity firms
- Act as an advocate for the partnership within the Private Equity firm and at Salesforce
- Understand the Salesforce product suite and be able to ideate the optimal solutions to accelerate time to value in Private Equity portfolio companies
- Contribute to Private Equity due diligence processes and help them quickly develop growth strategies for carve outs and new acquisitions
- Post announcement, work with the portfolio company to rethink business and operating model opportunities and align Salesforce capabilities
- Collaborate with our alliances and sales teams to expand the breadth and depth of our advisory partners for our Private Equity Partners
- Support the execution of the go-to-market plan for each Private Equity partner with clear success metrics
- Act as a connective tissue between account teams and the Private Equity Practice to accelerate opportunities and drive them to closure
- Be able to clearly articulate the value of Salesforce across B2B and B2C Private Equity owned portfolio companies
- Understand the intricacies, politics, and strategies required to execute a partnership program
- Support sales account managers aligned to your Private Equity partners’ portfolio companies to help them drive value creation and grow the pipeline
- Contribute to internal and external portfolio performance reviews to assess operational metrics/effectiveness on a recurring basis with leadership
- Leverage all the Salesforce resources needed to ensure portfolio company customer success
- Own strategic projects that contribute to the overall growth and success of the Private Equity Practice
- Coach and guide Analysts and Associates as they begin their careers at Salesforce
- You will have experience in Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, Carve outs and/or the Private Equity market.
- You will be confident discussing IRR, ROI, TCO, business case development in the context of LBOs.
- You will have exposure to working internationally, both with international clients and on international teams.
- You have exposure to working at the C-level, with evidence of gaining deep insight into the business dynamics of large enterprises and across industries, as well as articulate the organisation impacts brought by technology.
- You will have exceptional communication, strategic, analytical, influencing, and consulting skills, as well as a track record of thriving in complex, multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen.
- You will be an independent, self-starter with strong work ethic and personal drive and character qualities that match with our company’s core values and inspire others to follow and act.
- You will have a superior ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have a willingness to travel on as-needed basis >30% of the time.
- You will be degree educated with excellent business/professional English communication skills.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent Masters Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Management from a top institution
- Top tier consulting firm background, with M&A, strategy or digital transformation experience
- Experience in an enterprise digital transformation in either B2B or B2C
- Experience in the Private Equity, Venture Capital or M&A industry