Salesforce Developer (remote)
Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States
$73,531 - $100,350
This is a remote position open to any qualified applicant in the United States.
Cognizant has an immediate opening for Salesforce Sr Developer/Tech lead. If your background meets the requirements and skills listed below, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Senior system / software engineering profile with minimum of 7 years of Salesforce experience and certified in Salesforce
- In depth knowledge on Salesforce Health Cloud, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud and Salesforce Shield.
- Integration knowledge using Salesforce point-to-point (Synchronous/Asynchronous) and knowledge on MuleSoft will be plus
- Should have excellent Troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Excellent knowledge on building LWC's and Apex Design Patterns(viz. fflib)
- Deep understanding of business context & processes.
- Oversees architecture in the big picture and have worked in DevOps / Agile model
- Innovate to help business exploit technical opportunities.
- Drives solution alignment among Product Managers, technology Architects.
- Involved in ideation phases.
- Accountable for the technical solution design.
- Responsible for cross-sector opportunity identification and collaboration.
Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent
Project Planning & Setup:
- Understand and contribute to resource plan.
- Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in creation of project plan.
- Contribute to hardware/software requirement plan.
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
- Define timeline estimates based on the requirements, complexity and inhouse capability.
- Communicate estimates to supervisor for review.
- Provide inputs on technical feasibility of requirements.
- Identify gaps in requirements.
- Share additional requirements identified with supervisor.
- Guide team in preparation of technical specification document and review the same.
- Break down the base lines requirements into business and functional requirements.
- Prepare high level and low level design and share with supervisor for approval.
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Share the design document with the functional team post supervisor review.
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight / recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
- Coordinate with QA team during the testing phase.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Conduct functional / non functional testing if required.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Fix complex defects identified during functional / non functional testing.
- Understand the defect impact / criticality and handle accordingly.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Review defect fixes done by team guide them.
- Fix defects identified during UAT within agreed timelines.
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
Deployment & Closure:
- Conduct allocated transition tasks as per agreed timelines.
- Address queries / provide assistance in fixing issues during warranty period.
- Provide prompt response during production support.
- Fix defects as and when required.
- Review defect fixes.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity check post deployment to ensure smooth production.
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
Service Support & Maintenance:
- Participate in scoping meetings and identify transition requirements for new projects.
- Reconfirm requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Freeze SME calendar.
- Provide transition activities.
- Regularly track progress of transitions through weekly dashboards.
- Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging.
- Post information gathering, identify whether the incoming request is a service request or an incident.
- Determine urgency and impact of the situation.
- Assign appropriate priority to the incident.
- Assign the incident to the right stakeholder for a workaround/fix.
- Conduct analysis on various incidents that occur frequently Categorize recurring incidents as problems/known errors.
- Provide support to resolve these errors.
- Initiate change management process.
- Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by supervisor.
- Share artifact with supervisor for review.
- Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
- Seek inputs from knowledge repository to resolve problems.
- Apply best practices/ learning during development activities.
- Provide support in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation.
- Conduct training with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to domain.
- Mentor new joiners in EAS function on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to various project managers in identification of training needs of their subordinates.
- Provide inputs during goal setting and performance appraisal.
Must Have Skills
- Salesforce Data
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Salesforce Security
Good To Have Skills
- SFDC Sharing and Visibility
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- SFDC Dev & Customization
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 28 2022
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.