Salesforce Administrator (Application Engineer)
Seattle, Washington State, United States
$96,108 - $168,949
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Salesforce.com Admin experience and configuration of 300+ users
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Demand Tools, Workbench)
- Experience with Classic, Lightning Reports and Dashboards creation, Process Automation, Security configuration.
- Understanding and detailed experience of working with enterprise level Salesforce.com instance.
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce.com CRM application coupled with good understanding of standard business processes (Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Business analysis and functional understanding, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users.
- Verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Salesforce.com Administrator to facilitate our rapidly growing AWS Partner Network (APN). This individual will be a member of a team that is responsible for maintaining partner facing application built on Force.com as well as internal Salesforce application and it's integration with Amazon's home built services and applications.
As a key member of the APN engineering team, you will:
- Focus on strategic, tactical and technical initiatives involving Salesforce.com
- Provide administration support of Salesforce.com including but not limited to managing customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations, and dashboards for daily, weekly, monthly performance and reporting at individual, team, manager, and enterprise levels
- Proactively identify and implement operational and technical improvements and enhancements that drive productivity and improve customer/partner experience
- Handle multiple projects at once, be able to effectively prioritize initiatives, and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Manage Salesforce.com CRM including support requests and escalated administrative needs of users by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business support issues.
- Hands on configuration of all new and existing Salesforce.com features including user management, roles/profiles, Permission Sets, custom objects, new page layouts, custom fields, formula fields, validations, workflows rules, email templates ,Process Builder, Flows, Lightning Pages, Custom Metadata Types, Custom Settings, Managed Packages.
- Focus on security, user efficiencies, solving business/customer issues, invent creative solutions, and ensure data accuracy across the Salesforce system.
- Partner with global business stakeholders to proactively identify, drive, and build improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that solve complex business problems.
- Understanding customer, internal sales and partner development team needs and translating them into robust business requirements for configuration and development in Salesforce CRM
- Roadmap development and prioritization in partnership with the global business stakeholders
- Participate and own change management process for the team. Drive communication efforts across relevant stakeholders
- Implement and optimize sandbox refresh strategy with minimum to no impact to sprint development and delivery
- Develop and train local and global admin resources.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201, ADM-211, ADM-301), Sales Cloud Consultant
- Certified Salesforce.com Platform App Builder
- Understanding of Apex/Visualforce
- Experience in Process Automation, Security configuration, Data Model creation and Force.com Sites, Single Sign On.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and ability to work independently
- Experience working in iterative projects, and with deployment strategies/processes (staging environment vs. production)
- Understanding of Agile based development practices and Sprint planning strategies. Project management and/or business process management certification or equivalent experience
- Experience working with global teams
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000;annually however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services, Inc.