Senior Salesforce Developer
South San Francisco, California, United States
$93,910 - $178,647
About the Role
The Senior Salesforce Developer will provide development support for an external-facing software solution used by Freenome. The customer-facing solution is built using Salesforce Health Cloud but also relies on both inbound and outbound integrations to deliver the full solution. The developer should have solid experience in the Salesforce platform and be able to perform both Salesforce Administrator and Salesforce Developer functions. The developer's primary responsibility will be design and implementation of Automations, Visual Force development, APEX development, Lightning Development and integrations with external systems and data sources. As a secondary Salesforce responsibility, the developer should be comfortable supporting and mentoring Salesforce Administrators and Business Users to become more effective and efficient within the Salesforce Solution.
How you’ll contribute:
This role will require software development both within and outside of Salesforce. The external integrations are a mixture of data integrations and code integrations. The solution has few API integrations from within Salesforce to external vendor systems (APEX to API) that will continue to evolve and expand over time. Additionally, the solution interfaces with other internal systems through calls to Google Pub sub, data import files and the use of ETL tools, which will be supported by this role. Experience developing software outside of Salesforce is desired for this reason.
- Provide software development support within a Salesforce environment including APEX, Visual Force Pages, Lightning Controls and Automations (Process Builder & Flow)
- Develop and maintain OData API's to interface data between external applications/vendors and Salesforce Connect
- Provide maintenance on existing systems while also architecting and developing new features based on business requirements
- Design, implement and maintain solutions within Salesforce Health Cloud and Community Cloud
- Create and maintain technical documentation surrounding data integrations and APIs
- Provide Salesforce administration
- Collaborate with business teams and product owners to gather requirements and develop innovative solutions
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience with Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch Apex and Salesforce APIs
- 5+ years of experience configuring Salesforce using workflows, validation rules, Lightning Flow, sales process setup, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards
- Understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce application
- Proven database experience writing queries in SQL/SOQL
- Understanding of integrating Salesforce with other applications using SOAP, REST, BULK and Streaming APIs
- Strong communications and ability to work with business users to extract requirements and communicate design plans
- Bonus points if you have past experience with Health Cloud and/or Healthcare solutions
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.