Solution Architect- Salesforce Industries (Vlocity/ Omnistudio)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
The Salesforce Industries Solution Architect leads one or more work streams in sophisticated enterprise customer engagements, partnering with important team members to drive and achieve the vision while completing key work. We serve as hands-on advisors, using good communication skills, solution and/or technical knowledge, Salesforce product knowledge, industry experience, consulting experience, and knowledge of their client’s business to deliver customer return on investment.
Do Data Raptors and Omniscripts excite you? We are industry experts in Industry Vertical solutions searching for similar Architects that are leaders in the Industries/ SFI/ Vlocity field to join our team!
Solution Architects are strong presenters and facilitators that are able to co-create the vision and lead the execution with the customer as well as acquire customer acceptance of the delivered solution. They are capable of driving difficult conversations and removing roadblocks to implement the business strategies. They are proficient at analyzing issues and obstacles to settle root cause, and can identify appropriate corrective action. We connect with technical and business customers from all levels through C-suite. On a day to day basis, we interact with customer product owner, business process owner and technical resources to understand requirements, analyze information, and craft comprehensive solutions. We also show a strong understanding of typical business challenges or common objectives faced by customers within the industry.
Solution Architects are stewards of the Professional Services Methodology and use their networks to ensure that standard processes are followed. They engage with Customer Success and Product teams to ensure the solutions are driving the most effective achievement of the value objectives. Solution Architects give to thought leadership and standard methodologies by engaging with the cloud-specific practices teams. They will chip in both internally in their Community and externally in the marketplace.
YOUR IMPACT: Responsibilities
Salesforce Professional Services is looking for a Solution Architect. As a Solution Architect, you will be serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform authority to the company’s largest, most sophisticated enterprise customers. Here are some salient responsibilities the role entails -
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client
- Identify and lead internal pivotal initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serve as an active contributor to the community’s overall knowledge base and expertise
- Guide customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying new technologies that drive increased business value
- Work together and have very strong communications skills, especially in guiding sophisticated concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking across different levels of a client organization
- Identify and proactively handle risk areas and commit to seeing an issue through to complete resolution
- Handle customer expectations; find solutions to sophisticated problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Review and accurate project/program direction, approach, and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward
- Drive a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies to enable technologies including the Salesforce platform
- 7+ years of confirmed experience in enterprise-level projects using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and shown success
- Extensive experience in the Communications/Media Industries
- For Comms Industry only - Familiar with TM Forum Frameworks - preferably certified in eTOM/TAM/SID frameworks.
- Extensive experience with configuration and customization on the Salesforce platform preferably in SFI Communications Cloud (Vlocity)
- Authority level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Experience leading discovery sessions, business process modeling (As Is/to Be), mapping user centric journeys, product and data model definitions, integration specifications, business requirements, writing user stories and providing detailed system and functional designs, High Level Architecture diagrams.
- Experience in detailing business processes and wire-framing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc. as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs
- Strong presentation skills; able to effectively present a point of view and clearly articulate the rationale to a variety of customers
- Meticulous individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; able to optimally develop materials that are appropriate for the audience
- Must be a standout colleague as shown through a customer qualification of a large scale/enterprise implementation with multiple work streams
- A great listener with who can communicate with people in diverse roles
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial thinker who can work through and solve problems
- Possible travel of about 25%, but exact travel requirements will vary based on customer
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Architect level experience in Omnistudio, Vlocity, Salesforce Industries, SFI, Comms Cloud are highly desired.
- Confirmed results in delivering high value business outcomes using an agile approach
- Shown results leading customer and/or partner success stories
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and consulting experience are strongly recommended (OmniStudio, Admin, App Builder, Platform Dev 1&2)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.